When feeling low and sleepy in office, we grab some of our favorite snacks and get instant energy and ready for work again. It doesn't matter if you're in the office, or back home in the evening, tasty treats that are good for you too are the way to go. Snacks are not only incredibly powerful, but give you energy at the exact time it is needed, when mealtime isn't yet here.
There are millions of snacks in the world, and all countries have their own variety of snacks. Some are healthy, some are unhealthy. In this article, I am going to provide a list of healthy snacks which you could try as your evening snack. Also, I will add some cool quick snack-healthy recipes.
Ultimate Quick Snacks That Are Nutritious and Mouth-Watering
If you're a health-conscious person, you've got a craving for healthy foods, whether it is snack or meal. Choose any snack from the list below. These all are quick and ready to serve.
- Raw Nuts
- Dried Fruits
- Nut Butter
- Healthy crackers
- Granola bars
- Dark Chocolate
- Roasted Chickpeas
- Dried Cereal
- Healthy Chips
- Energy balls
- Tart cherries
- Pita chips
- Apple slices
- Veggie chips
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Celery sticks
- Kale chips
- Cucumber slices
- Chia pudding
- Boiled eggs
- Piece of cheese
- Whey protein smoothie
- Canned salmon
- Turkey roll
If you want to skip the raw bites, below are some blissful recipes to try out instead:
Cooking time: 15 min
1/3 cup oil
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
2 eggs beaten
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 large avocados, sliced
1. Peel and sliced the avocado into 1/2 inch slice.
2. Take a bowl, add flour, chili powder, and salt. Mix properly.
3. Take another bowl for the egg mixture.
4. Dip each avocado slice in the flour mixture then into egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
5. Heat up the oil in a saucepan at very high temperature.
6. Deep frying the avocados for 2-3 min till it becomes golden brown.
Note: You can use some appliances for kitchen use to achieve restaurant-style and taste like Hamilton deep fryer or presto multi-function saucepan.
Pasta with delicious cherry tomatoes
Pasta is the most common snack people love to eat all over the world. As a child, my mom served some sort of pasta to us 4 out of 7 days a week, as a snack for breakfast, or in the evening.
10 min Servings: 4 to 6
1 lbs dry pasta
1 1/2 lbs cherry tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, minced.
6 tsp oil
1 oz chopped basil leaves.
1. Take a skillet or saucepan and start boiling pasta.
2. Take 2nd skillet to add oil and garlic and fry a bit on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes
4. Continue cooking until the sauce is creamy.
5. Add and stir basil, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour boiled pasta into the sauce and cook at a medium flame.
7. When done, take out from the burner and Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Note: If you prep pasta often, I would suggest that you to buy a pasta machine which is really handy and saves money in the process. Note: You can get Imperia pasta machine in just $47 on Amazon. It's a one-time expense for life long unlimited serving pasta.
Peanut Butter Balls
Cooking time: 5+35 min (Freeze)
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
1 1/4 cup of oats
1. Take a big glass bowl mix all the ingredients.
2. Roll balls of the mixture from hands and place on a baking sheet.
3. Refrigerate for about 30-35 minutes.
Black Pepper Chickpeas
Cooking time: 5+30 min
Yields: 6 servings
15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp black pepper
1 cup cilantro chutney
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Dry chickpeas very well with paper towels.
3. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes for crispy chickpeas.
5. Take out from the oven and pour out in the bowl.
6. Pour black pepper and chutney over it.
7. Stir well and serve.
Note: You can also make this recipe in other appliances for kitchen use like an Air Fryer. Tip: I also recommend this snack to eat when you're drinking wine or beer. It tastes amazing!
Honey Toast Topped with Berries
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 slices multigrain bread
1/3 cup ricotta
1/2 tsp honey, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 cup of berries
1. Toast bread (oven/toaster oven/toaster)
2. Meanwhile, take a bowl mix of ricotta and honey together.
3. Spread the ricotta mixture on bread and topped with berries.
4. Sprinkle some salt and honey (optional)
Experiment with all healthy snacks and make cool recipes with them. You can found millions of snacky recipes on the internet. But there is one thing you need to know or aware of unhealthiest snacks which you may be consuming for years. But now it's time to stop and move forward to healthy snacks.
Stay away from these snacks:
- Lays potato chips
- Cousin Willie's Buttery explosion
- Pop secret homestyle
- Act II
- Keebler Club crackers
- Ritz roasted crackers
- Keebler town flatbread
- Balance bar chocolate peanut butter
- Clif bar chocolate brownie
Post a Comment