The Tree of Life congregation is located in Mr. Fred Rogers’ neighborhood. Mr. Rogers once told the world, "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the HELPERS. You will always find people who are helping.'"
Artist of the piece above, Sasha Phillips, adds, "This is one of those times that looking is not enough - you have to BE one of those HELPERS, in every way you can - by stopping hateful speech in its tracks, by voting, by being heard, by reaching out to support those who are being persecuted. You have to do this with light and love in your heart. Because 'the only thing evil can’t stand is forgiveness.' Wish we paid more attention to Mr. Rogers."
• Healing power of art inspires Pittsburgh lawyer's Mister Rogers drawing: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/neighborhood/2018/10/30/Mister-Rogers-Pittsburgh-lawyer-art-synagogue-shootings-Tree-Life/stories/201810300132
• After Pittsburgh shooting in Mr. Rogers' real-life neighborhood, Squirrel Hill neighbors follow his lead: https://abcnews.go.com/US/pittsburgh-shooting-mr-rogers-real-life-neighborhood-squirrel/story?id=58849272
• Mister Rogers' Neighborhood on PBS: https://pbskids.org/video/mister-rogers/1421146807
• Won't You Be My Neighbor (2018 Documentary) on Amazon
• Artwork by Sasha Phillips: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218143154789258&set=a.10201884967024725