[Note: DrMomma.org does not advocate for the use of Gardasil among minor aged girls as a possible preventative measure against some strains of HPV.]
Facts from Australian Department of Health
Gardasil: A safe and effective vaccine
Not new; not medically valid; not ethical
- statistical evidence from developed countries contradicts claims
- failures of logic
- ignorance of medical history
- lack of knowledge about previous claims about an association between normal male anatomy and risk of disease dubious ethics
- a misguided and false concept of the role of medicine
|Country||Human development index||Incidence of circumcision in adults (%)||Male life expectancy||Prevalence of HIV in adults (cases per 100,000)||Cervical cancer incidence (cases per 100,000)|
- Incidence of cervical cancer in Spain is 6/100,000; in Colombia 48/100,000; yet the rate of male circumcision in the two countries is about the same.
- Comparisons of HPV DNA prevalence in healthy men are difficult to interpret across studies.
- The correlation of HPV results of males with the results for their wives revealed little evidence of shared concordant infections (meaning they could not have infected each other).
- HPV DNA prevalences were significantly related to the sexual behaviour characteristics of the couple.
- Rates of HPV infection in the male population of Colombia are much higher than in Spain.
|Social class/occupation||Death rate per million||Death rate rank|
|Upper and middle||302||3|