Whether you're a registered nurse (RN) looking to advance your career or a second-degree student seeking entry into the nursing profession, an online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree can help you achieve your goals. As the healthcare landscape continues to evolve, so do opportunities for nurses with MSN degrees. Online programs offer more flexibility and convenience for working professionals, making it possible to pursue another career even while doing another job. Continue reading to see why earning a master of Science in Nursing in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner degree online can help advance your nursing career at your own convenience.
What Is An MSN-FNP Program?
An MSN-FNP program prepares students to become family nurse practitioners. These programs are typically offered as online degrees, which can be a great option for working nurses who want to continue their education while maintaining their current work schedule. The studies provide students with the knowledge and clinical experience they need to provide quality health care to patients of all ages. Since there are more opportunities to earn a Master of Science in Nursing online, more professionals take advantage of these programs.
Five Benefits Of Becoming A Family Nurse Practitioner
Deciding to advance a nursing career with concentration as a nurse practitioner has several benefits, as listed below.
- A rewarding career with meaningful work- These professionals provide primary care for patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly. They are able to diagnose and treat common illnesses, and can also prescribe medication. The work they do can be done in a variety of settings, such as clinics, hospitals, or private practices. If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, then choosing this career may be the perfect fit.
- Work in a demanding field- There are many reasons why a family nurse practitioner is a demanding field. The job requires a lot of knowledge and skill, as well as the ability to work with people of all ages. It also requires great communication skills, as you will be working with patients and their families on a daily basis. In fact, the demand for this career is expected to grow more than 45% within the next ten years, according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, much more when you compare it to other careers.
- Excellent financial compensation- In 2020, the average salary for this occupation was over 55 dollars an hour, or nearly $115,000 per year, according to BLS. They provide an essential service to their patients, and they often have years of experience. In addition, family nurse practitioners usually have a higher level of education than registered nurses, and they may also be certified in other areas such as geriatrics or pediatrics.
- Flexibility in your work schedule- A family nurse practitioner has a very flexible work schedule, which can be extremely beneficial for those with families. They can often choose their own hours, making it easy to balance work and family life. You also have more control over where you work, such as in a hospital, schools, in a research laboratory, or even starting your own practice.
- Your job is never boring- Any job in nursing ensures no two days will ever be the same. While you have to constantly be on your toes, you'll always know a new shift will bring different challenges and rewarding opportunities. These individuals also have some involvement in nursing policies.
The field of nursing is growing, and with the right training, you can be part of that growth. With an online degree in nursing from a respected school, you will have the opportunity to work as a family nurse practitioner and make a difference in people's lives.
Post a Comment